Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro vmc4030 will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ilaudio
Tutor
Tutor

My father in law had a camera that will not sync on the base station it used to sync on. He tried all the steps in support to get it to sync. I took camera home to try and get it to sync on my base station. I can't get it to blink blue at all. Or amber after holding for 15 secs. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ilaudio wrote:

My father in law had a camera that will not sync on the base station it used to sync on. He tried all the steps in support to get it to sync. I took camera home to try and get it to sync on my base station. I can't get it to blink blue at all. Or amber after holding for 15 secs. Any ideas?

There is no way to reset a Pro camera.

This sounds like it might be power-related. When you charge the camera, does the LED show a solid blue status?

ilaudio
Tutor
Tutor

I charge the batteries with an external charger. I did put a full battery in and plug in a charging cord...it blinks amber several times then stops blinking.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would surmise that the camera has a fault. You'll likely need to replace it. You could temporarily purchase a single camera subscription that would allow you to contact support but I'm not sure they could help unless the camera is within the typical 1 year warranty.

ilaudio
Tutor
Tutor

Darn. Ok thanks for help. It's a few years old so I am guessing he will buy a replacement.