Arlo Pro videos are dark at first then resume to normal

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jolieqe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pretty frustrated customer here as I really want to just get the cameras to work! Woman LOL

I exchanged my entire Arlo Pro system since the first set had 2 problematic cameras that kept triggering nonstop.

The new set is ok except the fact that the videos playback with a quick second or two of "black" or dimness, then it resumes to normal. Anyone have this issue?

Also, secondary issue is I can't get any of the cameras to update to firmware 1.09...

Is there hope that Arlo will fix their quality control?!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Artifacts at the beginning of the video aren't terribly unusual but it may be that your firmware level is the issue.

There are various ways to try to get the firmware updated - some easy, some a PITA. Try power cycling the base and reinster the batteries to reset everything to a power-on state. Check in Settings, My Devices, your base, Device Info for a red triangle which indicates a firmware update is available.  You can try clicking on that section to see if it will take you to an update dialog but I've had limited success with that. You may also need to try the same thing with your cameras.  Base first, then cameras.

Waiting overnight for the automatic updates is another possibility but it kinda sounds like this has been going on for a while.  That leads to the final solution - reset the system and start fresh.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Let the base reboot.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. That should produce the update notification.

Any luck?