Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro video issues - Black Screen

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MB80
Initiate
Initiate

Last night one of my 3 cameras alerted me of motion. When I opened the app to see what triggered it the recording was a black screen. I then tried to view with live view with the same result on all 3 cameras. I reset the base but that didn't change anything. It eventually worked itself out within 30 minutes. Kind of discouraged thinking this could have been a time when I needed the cameras to function properly since we've had vehicle break ins recently in our neighborhood. Any thoughts on what causes that issue?

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I think there may have been a server problem for around 30 minutes. Having had the cameras for a long time, this isn't a common or regular problem. Make sure you have a USB drive attached to the base so you still get recordings if the internet is down. Also a UPS will mean the base still has power

MB80
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware about that capability with the external USB. I do currently have it on a UPS.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure your router and modem are on that UPS, too, so the Internet connection remains up.