Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hayley3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firstly I can't spend $500 on a camera system and secondly I only need one camera.  I need one camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras on AC supply get motion zones and the 3 second Look Back feature where the recording starts 3s before the motion is detected

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Streak2
Master Master
Master
hayley3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks...by the time I created my account, and figured out how to ask a question, it was time for me to go to work and by the time I got back, it wouldn't let me post until I added a label, took me forever to figure that out so by then ,  I had forgotten to check the msg and to add the 2 to Arlo Pro.  That's what I meant.  I was so looking forward to the Arlo Pro 2 but I don't want to buy 2 cameras right off the bat.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you're going to run it indoors and AC powered then get the Arlo Q.

If you're going to run it outdoors and not AC powered then besides some extra resolution,  if money is a problem then get the $199 pro deal. You can always add a single Pro 2 camera when the time is right. Pro 2 camera only is $220.

hayley3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need it for outdoors.  And thanks for the suggestion...but I wonder why they are forcing us to buy two cameras...but thanks for ;your thoughtful reply. 

sscotsman
Tutor
Tutor

I also want a single camera Arlo Pro 2 kit. This was going to be first home security camera, and after much research I had made a decsion, went to Amazon to make the purchase..no single camera kit? Seriously? Very disapointed. 😞 im not ready to drop that much cash on the 2-camera kit.

Scott

steve_t
Master Master
Master

There isn't a huge difference between the Pro and the Pro 2 when used off AC power. The video is a bit sharper and the motion detection is a bit more sensitive. The big advantages only come when powered and that's currently only available for indoor use until they get the outdoor power adapter sorted. The Zone selection and 3 second Look Back are great but only work under power.

I'd say get the Pro single camera kit and familiarise yourself with the system. Then, like most smart home products, you'll probably want to grab another and then another to cover other areas of your house until you suddenly realise you have 5 cameras and want more but have to decide if you want to pay an ongoing subscription for more

hayley3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need the camera for outdoor use.  What is wrong with the outdoor power adapter?  I thought they ran off batteries or the solar powered unit?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The outdoor power adapter got recalled

The cameras do run off battery power but the additional benefits of the Pro 2 over the Pro are minimal without AC power. You can get a solar panel to charge the Pro or Pro 2 but they don't give the same additional features to the Pro 2 that an AC power adapter does and also aren't cheap to buy

hayley3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the information but....I'm confused....So they have to be continuously hooked to electricity for what benefit? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras on AC supply get motion zones and the 3 second Look Back feature where the recording starts 3s before the motion is detected