Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro showing offline and giving charging errors and cannot update to newest firmware

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jsu001
Follower
Follower

Hi. I have one of five cameras that for months have intermittently been showing as offline and giving charging errors.

It seems the main difference to the other cameras is that it runs older firmware but is not auto updating. In the app if I try to update it says no new firmware is available even if it runs a different version to the rest. Is there a way eg by loading from a computer with USB connection to force feed the new firmware?

Router, arlo router etc have all been reset, camera plugged in and out, removed and resynched, used with and without battery inserted all attempted several times and left overnight for a few days to see if it would auto update. currently running from original charger with fixed power without a battery (to avoid the charging error). Any ideas before I conclude the camera is defective and ask the shop where it was purchased for a replacement?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've tried most of the fixes but try one more - reset the whole system (many folks mistake a power cycle as a reset).

Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as needed as you go. Any luck?

If not, the only way to get replacement hardware that's beyond the store's return policy is to open a case with support here and invoke your warranty.