Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro records randomly when my other Arlo Pro nearby senses motion motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Fontavanilla
Follower
Follower

I recently installed two Arlo Pro cameras mounted outside my house. One facing the backdoor, and the other facing the back yard. They're both placed about 3 feet away from eachother. Whenever my Back Door cam detects motion and records, the Back Yard cam also detects motion and records without truly capturing anything moving at all. I tried lowering the sensitivity on the Back Yard camera but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@Fontavanilla

In the app go to Mode > Armed > Rules and edit the rule for the Back Door cam. If Motion is Detected on Back Door cam > If the Following - Back Door Cam - Motion is Detected Then Do the Following - Back Door cam - Record Video.

Mode > Armed > Rules and edit the rule for the Back Yard cam. If Motion is Detected on Back Yard cam > If the Following - Back Yard Cam - Motion is Detected Then Do the Following - Back Yard cam - Record Video.

Most likely you have one of the rules selecting the wrong camera. On the edit page there is a drop down box with a down arrow where you can select the camera you wish to record video on.

Brian