Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro recording local and cloud

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sujit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

We have 4 cameras(H7) and 1 Base station(VMB4000r3) connected. We have connected 1TB hard disk to the base station and 'USB Device Recording' is on. And also changed time zones to EST(we are from northeast). 

We configured all the camera's record always and stop notifations on working hours.

We observed recording is not happening always even motin detection is there. some days are not recording a single, even we are all in the camera's area.

So I want to know what are the best settings? and what is the best level for motion sensitivity?  to record always(when motion is detedted).

All the camera's should be record. On the hard disk each camera should have seperate folder with recordings(I observed on date wise all the cams are storing in one folder).

Thanks in advance 

Sujit

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

So I want to know what are the best settings? and what is the best level for motion sensitivity? 

I would check and increase the motion Sense level (higher % is more )( edit the mode you are arming with ) and also check that when armed that the motion detect icon is black. ( from live view screen )

Recordings are stored all in the same folder listed by date time ( if you sort ) and id'ed by the camera Serial number.

( my setup seems to create aprox 1.2-1.3GB folders in size before another is created )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sujit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thnaks TomMac,

All the time the motion Sense level is 80% for all the cameras.

I observed somdays recoring is not happening even there is motion.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're checking/setting sensitivity in your modes and rules, right? Have you tried increasing the sensitivity (be sure to save)?