Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro re-invite a friend to grant access not working

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DennisWang
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I setup Grant Access to my wife. It works.

Then I deleted her from the Grant Access list, then add her back again with same first name, last name, and email address.

She received the new invitation email, and this time, since she has the Arlo account already, after log-in, she cannot see the devices I wanted to grant access to.

How can I re-invite a "deleted" friend to grant access again?

I need this feature working because I only want to grant access to some of my friends for a specific period of time. Since I cannot configure the time allowed to access, I can only add / delete their accounts as needed.

Thanks for answering.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DennisWang,

The link provided in the invitation email must be selected regardless of whether or not she already has an account in order for the invitation to be accepted.

After clicking the link, she should be able to log in to her existing account to complete the invitation.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@DennisWang

Just out of curiosity, have you tried granting her access to each device? I have to grant access for each camera to my wife every time I add a new camera.

Brian

DennisWang
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. After remove her from my "Grant Access" list and add back again, I still grant access to every decives including 2 cameras and the base station, she can log in her account but could not see any devices.

brh
Master
Master

@DennisWang

I am wondering if her mobile app needs to be updated. What happens if she logs into her account on  pc?

Bran

DennisWang
Tutor
Tutor

@Bran

We install Arlo App and do all the testing at the same day (yesterday). Therefore I think the App is the latest version.

I just tried from PC with her account and got same result -- nothing under "Device" tab, can only do "New system Setup" under "Setting" tab.

Wondering how can her "Accept" the new invitation since the account has been created?

Does her need to "Accept" the new invitation from the new invitation email? There is only a link to create account...

Thanks,

brh
Master
Master

@DennisWang

If you deleted her, she will have to accept the new invitation.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@DennisWang

If what I recommended does not work, contact Customer Support at the green banner near the bottom of the page. They should be able to help you.

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DennisWang,

The link provided in the invitation email must be selected regardless of whether or not she already has an account in order for the invitation to be accepted.

After clicking the link, she should be able to log in to her existing account to complete the invitation.

JamesC

DennisWang
Tutor
Tutor

I contacted Arlo support and got resolved. Yes, still click the link and login, it works.

The trick is we cannot loging from Arlo App directly, and need to loging from that link in email.

Thanks for all helps in this thread.