Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
RobertKilmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of the batteries in my two camera set only last 10 - 15 minutes at a time and it's only 6 months old.  Is this a usual problem with the Arlo Pro?  The other battery is working fine.

13 REPLIES 13
brh
Master
Master

@RobertKilmer

Firstly make sure both batteries are fully charged then swap batteries with the other camera. If the problem follows then you know it is a defective battery, then contact Customer Support on the green banner near the bottom of the page.

If the problem re-occurs then either that camera is defective or ther is some other problem. We then will have to troubleshoot the problem.

Brian  

RobertKilmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried a lot of that, contacted support and they just gave me the runaround.  Is there another way to get help?

brh
Master
Master

@RobertKilmer

What did they tell you? I believe your unit is under warranty and they need to address that. There are several things that can cause the battery to drain rapidly, but if that battery does not work in another camera either then we can eliminate many of those causes.

Brian

RobertKilmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

First, I had to answer what I did to fix the problem.  ?  Like... I can't fix a battery; that's crazy.  Then they said had to remove the device, then add the device, and update the firmware.  With a dead battery.  Games... they're going to make me jump through stupid hoops until I give up.  They have no intentions of fixing it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They'll fix it. However, there are some preliminary hoops to jump through. Just stay on it and persevere.

RobertKilmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Persevere is the word for it.  It took almost an hour and a half for a simple battery failure.  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

So after an hour and a half, did you get an RMA?

RobertKilmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope

Meldavid426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perhaps a naive question...if I only want to have access to view the camera occasionally (or in my case when it is windy) and I am not not interested in recording, how long will the battery last.  For context, I want to use the camera to only view my boat (which is in a slip) to see how the boat is handling tough wind conditions.  

Thx

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming decent WiFi connection quality (not a distance, blockage or interference issue) less than 5 minutes a day total should last 4-6 months.

RobertKilmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

They're closing the ticket.  They said they would replace the battery.  Now, they aren't.   After and hour and half of jumping through hoops.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno what happened but ope a new case, referencing the old one. Ask what happened and don't let it close - keep responding every few days to keep it alive.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RobertKilmer,

I was able to review your support case. It seems an RMA has now been issued. Please let me know if you experiencing any further difficulty completing the RMA process and I would be happy to help.

JamesC