Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
seanxushen
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo pro disappear from the APP, just shows disconnected. I pressed sync nothing happens. I take out the battery and connect charging cable, and it works. Insert battery with the cable on stop working again. Move this battery to another Cam and works fine and shows 100% charged.

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

So to clarify that the camera works ok in the app with the battery removed and externally powered but when you install a fully charged battery into the camera while the external power is applied the app says it is no longer working?

Can you confirm the camera and base station model numbers.

Can you confirm your using the arlo supplied charge adapter and cable.

Although the app says the camera is disconnected, do you still get notifications and recordings to the cloud library?

seanxushen
Aspirant
Aspirant

"So to clarify that the camera works ok in the app with the battery removed and externally powered but when you install a fully charged battery into the camera while the external power is applied the app says it is no longer working?

YES

Can you confirm the camera and base station model numbers.

Cam: Alro Pro Hardware version H8, firmware 1.092.1.0_9_120d8b7

Base: VMB4000r3, firmware 1.20.1.1_4167_eccc317

Can you confirm your using the arlo supplied charge adapter and cable.

Yes.

Although the app says the camera is disconnected, do you still get notifications and recordings to the cloud library?"

No. The camera is completely off when the battery is inserted, even no blue led when press SYNC button.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Although it could be a firmware issue in the camera, it could also be a hardware fault.

When you install a fully charged battery into the camera with the external power applied do you notice if the camera battery gets warm?

Also you may need to trick the camera into thinking it has a battery installed. Try the process in the article below.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to add that you need to use an iOS device with the app installed to get correct battery status since the web portal and android app have issues with battery status reporting.