Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
agodin
Follower
Follower

I bought the ARLO pro and it worked one month, I have been waiting for a fix or a new system from ARLO for over a month. Now Chat does not work, the e-mail link they sent me does not work, my case is dropped from the list of open cases and I am getting nothing from arlo. you can't get support from anywhere. I spend hours in the phone queue to get jerked around with no update.  Any call takes 1-2 hours on hold in the queue, is there only one person working the phone?

This level of support is unacceptable, this product is junk and should be taken off the market.

This experience has been the worst I have ever had.  Does anyone work in engineering at ARLO????

Please contact "Mike (EXPERT ID 8321) NETGEAR L2 Support Expert"  and tell them I want an RMA replacement system since they can not fix this issue.

The link he provided in his last e-mail 2 weeks ago is broken and no longer work there is no way to contact anyone in support. I have been over a month without a working security system, this is unacceptable.

I can't express how bad this experience dealing with Netgear has been.  

Please get back to me on this case.

Allain.

7 REPLIES 7
mike406
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same thing happened to my support case. Netgear changed their website without notifying users so the current support system is effectively broken. The case still exists I believe, but the website doesn't show them now. This is what happens when companies do not communicate to their users, as well as other departments properly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried it - went to http://netgear.com and logged in, then clicked My Support on the left. My various cases were all there. Sometimes a little poking around helps.

mike406
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat wrote:

I just tried it - went to http://netgear.com and logged in, then clicked My Support on the left. My various cases were all there. Sometimes a little poking around helps.

It doesn't work for everyone. Netgear is in the process of migrating all existing cases to new case numbers as they migrate to the new support system. Many users are left without seeing their cases as of this posting, including myself. Please do not make crude assumptions that we have not "poked around"

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat I just used your link and logged in, went to my account, my support and my case is still missing. I did a live chat last week and was told that due to maintenance they couldn't find my case no and to wait 2-3 days before contacting them again as they didn't know when the maintenance would be finished. Apparently it isn't yet as my case is still missing!

mike406
Apprentice
Apprentice

Rather than spread around false fear-mongering rumors. Why not provide a factual source on your claim.

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

@agodin - Can you provide some details on the issue you are experiencing? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras (or system) isn't being hacked. Don't spread unfounded paranoia.