Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - not useable, at all after update

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Robbed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo / Netgear

Denmark calling...

After latest update nothing works.

- ios, says "getting information". Since update its been that way. Can see real-time transmission though.

- web works partly.

- Scheduel dosent work wich mens I've to manually disarm... in the morning, to stop excessive power use during day time.

- Since update, no fox, cars, delivery vans, bikes have past any of our 5 cams in night time. Really?

- in Europe we got 24h clock. Well not anymore. I cant change from AM / PM, thought i've chosen rigth timezone.

- under "mode" while on web, I cant ad more than one event to a trigger.

Everything worked fine before the latest update.

Every bit of involved software is up to date.

I've done numerous resets, restart, reconfiguring and so forth...

Can I expect Netgear to be adressing this, or should I ask for a refund at the retailer?

Greets from DK

6 REPLIES 6
Erupert66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Just noticed that on “schedule” it always says “disarmed” and not the correct profile set in the schedule. I also just went in the basement and my camera didn’t trigger, I sent an email. I have to say, the system is so close to being good but whoever works on the functionality of the app and notifications isn’t good. I use “record until motion stops” and I’ll get like 9 texts with 10-15 sec clips when the mail carrier stops to deliver a package,
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

It says my usb drive needs to be formatted since this update. I have to eject it and install it in the other port. Now one of my cameras doesn't see the usb reader.

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

The battery that can't see my usb device went from 76% to 12% overnight.

jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don't expect a fix anytime soon. They have completely screwed the live feed for a lot of us too with this last update. Support was working with me on a fix, but have now quit responding. They broke their own product and now don't know how to fix it. Great. 

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

After a recharge my camera went from 100% to 79% in 2 hours. Stop messing up our cameras!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC