Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not recording

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
LCB-Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo camera (at least one of the two - didn’t get a chance to check the other one yet) has stopped recording when motion is within the acceptable distance/area. Spoke with a few individuals who have the Arlo camera (from Arlo to Arlo Pro) and they are having the same issue. Is this from the most recent software update? If so, when will this be fixed? What do i need to do to have this camera record again?
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Unknown if issue from FW, but the first thing to check is the "running man".

Arm the cameras and then go to Live View screen... verify the running man is Black for cameras ( means active )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
LCB-Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
When i go to the live view screen it is black. But when i actually click “live” to view the camera in live mode it goes gray.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That is normal.... When you pick LIVE, you are overriding the Armed command.  If you want recording in a Live View it must be manually started.

Also you should check your sense levels in the modes yoy are using to confirm they were not reset to default of 80%... most of my cams run at about 90%.

Morse is faster than texting!
LCB-Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I figured that’s why it went gray but it is black otherwise.

The sense levels were the first thing I checked and they are both at 100% as they have been from the start.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LCB-Arlo,

Are you till experiencing this issue? When not live streaming and the running man is black (camera Armed), are recordings triggering and arriving in your library?

JamesC

ecreeder
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same question. I have ensured that all cameras are armed for motion. However, when I go to look at the Devices screen (none are Live), the running man is gray. This would explain why I'm not getting notificaitons. This is BAD! Is there anything I can do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat mode are you using? Try the Armed mode since it's the one designed for troubleshooting issues like this. It may be you're using a custom mode that needs to be replaced.