Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dralph01
Tutor
Tutor
The problem I'm having is that the Arlo Pro is. It picking all human activity in my front porch area. There are times when someone leaves or enters my front porch area and the camera does not record. It appears to happen about 20% of the time. I have the camera set at 85%. The camera is posted on the second floor balcony and faces down at an angle.

Has anyone else experienced this intermittent recording issue?
4 REPLIES 4
Dralph01
Tutor
Tutor
There is a typo in my above description but I am unable to update my posting to correct it. I ment to say:

The problem I'm having is that the Arlo Pro is NOT picking up all human activity in my front porch area. There are times when someone leaves or enters my front porch area and the camera does not record. It appears to happen about 20% of the time. I have the camera set at 85% sensitivity. The camera is posted on the second floor balcony and faces down at an angle.

Has anyone else experienced this intermittent recording issue?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would adjust the Sense level up a bit more.. Move the level up a couple of percent at a time and retest.

i run my Pro at 90% and it catches all, including cats.

This would be the simplest thing to try as the Pro does have pretty good detection with the duel PIR units built in

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Post a screenshot, too.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Setting up my cameras, I set the motion sensitivity to 100 and just dropped it by 1 every time I got a false alert. Like Tom, they trigger for a cat walking across the driveway etc. The problem I had was that having the sensitivity high enough to capture people meant it was triggered by large vehicles driving by (since they have a large heat signature). My solution is to run a schedule where at night time, the sensitivity is very high and during the day, it is slightly lower. For daytime mode, I have found a pretty good balance of motion sensitivity where it won't fire too often for vehicles but still records people coming and going