Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not connecting to base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rkwiltz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried to connect arlo pro cameras to base station with no success. Cameras just blink blue and then amber rapidly. Called netgear and no luck. They said my router is defective, but its the new Linksys EA9500 top of the line router. Plus it was working fine before i purchased the arlo system. Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What lights are on on the base station?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rkwiltz wrote:

Tried to connect arlo pro cameras to base station with no success. Cameras just blink blue and then amber rapidly. Called netgear and no luck. They said my router is defective, but its the new Linksys EA9500 top of the line router. Plus it was working fine before i purchased the arlo system. Can anyone help?

OK.... first thing is to power down modem. router, base and then bring them back in same order ( give time for each to reboot.)

What are the leds sghowing on the base?  They are POWER-INTERNET-CAMERAS ( left to right )

POWER is always green except when rebooting

What is the INTERNET led ... Green ??? Cant do much until it is.

If green, then try and sync camera ..do a QUICK pusjh on the base sync button ( don't hold ) then the cameras button

If INTERNET is still amber, then do a full reset of the base by holding in the reset ( paperclip) for about 10 secs till the front leds flash amber... let the base reboot....Is INTERNET led green yet? If so Sync cameras as above

IF still NG, it's something blocking internet access for the base... get this far we''l try some more

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rkwiltz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Power and internet are green

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rkwiltz wrote:

Power and internet are green

If as above, it appears your router is fine... the base is connected to the internet via the cable.

Sounds like more of a sync'ing issue... Make sure you do a QUICK push on the base sync button( don't hold ).

If a problem, pull battery and attempt same with the running on the power cable/adapter only

Morse is faster than texting!