Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
J-L
Tutor
Tutor

I believe after the latest firmware update, my arlo stopped recording motion.  My last recording was yesterday afternoon at 4:19 PM mountain time.

36 REPLIES 36
cad0914
Aspirant
Aspirant
yes if I unplug the USB I do get recordings in the library.
cad0914
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it definitely happened again this morning. I have at least two recordings from one device on my USB but not the library.
Cbrat
Tutor
Tutor
mine stopped recording I called tech we disconnected everything reconnected all the cameras reset up the base station still no record but I can go live anytime and watch
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cbrat

What was the result? did you inform support that the camera was still not recording?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@ShaneS Mine no longer record when there is motion either. I might get 1 or 2 recordings of my pets during the day now, I used to get 30-50 recordings a day. The cameras simply do not see any motion anymore (most of the time). 

Let me be clear here..........

ALL 5 OF MY CAMERAS EXHIBIT THE SAME BEHAVIOR. IT IS NOT THE CAMERAS, AND IT'S NOT MY ENVIRONMENT IT IS THE FIRMWARE AND BACKEND ISSUES. I'm an engineer, do not doubt me. You're backend and firmware ONCE AGAIN have serious issues. As it stands now, my system is useless, it records alomost nothing.

Nothing has changed on my end. This started happening after the last update. This plus the half a dozen other issues I have with the app and the cameras, makes this system an expensive paper weight. Two years I had this system and it's the same problems over and over and over and over and over. They fix the problem, then months later it's back again.

Get you stuff together and fix the %^&* system already. Next up is a class action lawsuit that I have been told is in the works. If so I will sign on no doubt.

Please tell us when we can record videos again when motion is detected.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cad0914

Do you mind PMing me and providing me with the Admin email that was used when creating your account upon setup?

cad0914
Aspirant
Aspirant
may I ask what you will be doing with that information?
Samtan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get alerts but nothing records to the library.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Samtan

Have you tried rebooting your base station & testing again? When did this issue first occur?

Cbrat
Tutor
Tutor
Tried to reboot and reinstall
Nygman
Aspirant
Aspirant
For a few weeks now, my Arlo will do the same thing. The middle internet light will turn orange and I can't view cameras they appear offline. However I get motion alerts still and can see the Arlo on my Orbi app so it looks connected. A power cycle will restore the system but within a few days it is back to orange. Rebooting router doesn't help, any suggestions?
Nygman
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have added a smart switch to my Arlo so I can remotely reboot it, as I have no way to talk to the base once the orange light comes on. There is some type of connectivity going on as push notifications still work and recording to USB also keeps going. Very odd.