Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - night vision not working (just black picture)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dawiz22
Star
Star

Set up my new Arlo Pro system. On one of the cameras, night vision doesn't seem to be working. The IR LEDs are on / clearly visible, but the picture is pitch black. Even tried that with an IR light from another device - the Arlo Pro doesn't see it, so I'm guessing the IR camera / sensor is either defective or it's not switching on. Anyone else with this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not normal.  Open a case with support to see if it's fixable (I'd guess not).  You always have the option to swap at the store.

Boltz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem with night vision, nothing but black picture.  Night vision on, lights working,  I successfully got it to work after I "removed the device" then added back on to the system and re-synched.  It works perfectly now, maybe synching didn't completely work when I initially added on.

TheCudder
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a similiar issue, I just had to disable to pan/zoom feature and it worked right away. Apparently using that feature breaks night vision.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheCudder,

Night Vision should with pan and zoom. I have tested pan and zoom with Night Vision and did not experience any issues. Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC