Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
trueforce
Follower
Follower

Ok, so I have had my Arlo Pro 5 cameras and Base station with an Arlo Q for a little over 4 weeks now, everything working so far, finally… (after 2 exchanges, 1 single Pro and the Arlo Q).

I just wanted to added the frustration with the defective units I had to go through, is this why many of these are going on sale lately?

Anyways, I have not had any false triggers or new issues but just today 4 of my 5 Arlo Pro camera are going off like crazy! Arlo Q that I have upstairs looking over the neighborhood is fine.

The 4 cameras are recording every minute! Looking to get help on figuring out what’s causing this. Or is this another defect! Or something else.

So here are some tid bits,

Yesterday, one of my Arlo Pro was low on battery, so I brought it in to charge and it and it asked for a firmware update (?). So I updated the firmware, checked the firmware version on all cameras and it matches (?) strange because the others didn’t ask for an update.

I kept the camera off so it would not record, this morning I installed it, turned it on and all kosher before I left for work.

So almost 30 minutes later 4 of my cameras started sending me alerts that there is motion, I can’t seem to be finding any motion

I do notice that it is a little windy today and the trees are swaying back and forth but my Arlo Q and my 5th camera is not acting like that.

Even one of my cameras that rarely goes off (even when there is a big fat palm leaf swaying in front of it, nightly) is now going off like crazy.

I turned off the camera I recharged hoping it might be cause by that, but that had no effect.

I also restarted the entire base station and it is all still the same. Would certain objects flying or getting caught near the camera trigger the recordings?

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The low battery on the one camera prob prevented the updating of the sw...

While it is possible that the SW updates are causing the problems, I doubt it as many more would have the same problem ( I haven't seen any change here ).

And, Yes, flying things ccan set off the cameras

In the meanwhile, check the sense levels in the modes your currently using and make surethey are what you normally set them to... if need be , lower them by a few %.

If it doesn't clear up, I would reset the cameras ( open / pull  battery / replace ) and then power button cycle the base.

After, If this doesn't fix the problem then it would be time to dig deeper.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
NCIH6161
Guide
Guide

Every so often one of my cameras goes into a multiple trigger mode - where it triggers incessantly for half an hour or more.  I've tried switching it with other camera locations, but it keeps on doing this, whatever the location.  I've tried powering it and the base down, then back up, and also lowering the sensitivity - then it doesn't trigger for normal movement, but still goes off on one intermittently.  Very frustrating.  Any ideas?

Firmware: 1.092.0.1_11504

HW Version:  H8

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Remove the camera(s) and resync them.