Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro motion test and sensitivity what are the difference?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

On the Arlo Pro you can set sensitivity slider and than there is the motion test. What is the difference? If one picks up just motion of someone walking which what we want can we trun the slider down?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Motion test is for install only... and to be honest, never use it.

Always go by the sense level in the MODE ( like ARMED )...default is 80%, most of my cameras are set for 87-92%

As to the adjustments , to the RIGHT is MORE , be it sensitivity or audio volume

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

I had mine set high but all it is doing is recoding more than I really need for a car will go by than the next recoding will have nothing and draining my battery.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Placement and what you set the sense level for is important....

Try to cover a small area ... people can be picked up to a max about 20ft, cars can be picked up much farther away ( as they are good reflectors of IR which is used to sense motion )  If you have a street view in your cameras field of view, you may have to lower the sense level to much to eliminate cars triggering the cameras to the point where people may not  get picked up.

So try and pick the area you want to cover where the people go and not necess cars and then adjust your sense level for a good response.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Pro...

Morse is faster than texting!