Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro motion issue

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
BiggieSmalls87
Initiate
Initiate
I have had a 3 camera Arlo Pro setup for a while now with no issues. Recently my front porch cam battery died on me and it went without for over a month until I bought a new one.

Now I have an issue. It seems the motion sensing is horrid now. It doesn't pick up me walking across the field of view when entering or exiting my front door/porch area, which is obviously it's sole purpose.

I cranked sensitivity up to 100 percent and still no dice even though it's maybe 10 feet from my front door.. However it will catch random cars in the small sliver of view it has from over 20 feet away.

Any ideas? It used to catch everything with only 70 percent sensitivity.

I attempted cleaning the face of the camera with no luck.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
My guess is all the firmware issues. It all started may 15th will the battery drain bug. They have since put out 2 more firmware updates. I too am having motion issues. It used to pick up mailman everyday. Now its hit or miss even at 100%. So youre not alone. For whatever reason the people at arlo engineering cant seem to put out an update that works for everyone. I spent hours changing angle of camera to no avail. It works when it wants to. Some days it wont even pick me up pulling in my driveway.
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Same here, I have several issues now after the May update motion detection being one of them. I to have changed camera position with no effect. One camera is around 10 - 12 feet from our work vehicles and an employee can walk to the vehicle, get in and drive away and I get no recordings. That means it's not going to pick someone up who's trying to steal it either!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@BiggieSmalls87 wrote:
I have had a 3 camera Arlo Pro setup for a while now with no issues. Recently my front porch cam battery died on me and it went without for over a month until I bought a new one.

Now I have an issue. It seems the motion sensing is horrid now. It doesn't pick up me walking across the field of view when entering or exiting my front door/porch area, which is obviously it's sole purpose.

I cranked sensitivity up to 100 percent and still no dice even though it's maybe 10 feet from my front door.. However it will catch random cars in the small sliver of view it has from over 20 feet away.

Any ideas? It used to catch everything with only 70 percent sensitivity.

I would try and REMOVE DEVICE on the camera and then bring back as new ( syncing ) ...this wil rebuild the modes in case they got messed up... then readjust your sense level to where you had it before and test.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BiggieSmalls87
Initiate
Initiate
I'm going to try and reset the base station today and see if re syncing the entire setup has any effect.

I'll post results afterwards.