Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro microphone volume low

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ChrisM718
Follower
Follower
The volume issue is crazy on these cameras. You can’t hear anything. Yes, I have tried adjusting volume and a different microphone source. I wanted to buy the doorbell, but after seeing how poor the camera volume performs. I am not sure at this point if it is just going to add to my level of frustration. Suggestions??
1 REPLY 1
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@ChrisM718 wrote:
The volume issue is crazy on these cameras. You can’t hear anything. Yes, I have tried adjusting volume and a different microphone source. I wanted to buy the doorbell, but after seeing how poor the camera volume performs. I am not sure at this point if it is just going to add to my level of frustration. Suggestions??

I only know of Device Settings....Audio....Speaker Volume.  In terms of “volume” control.

If you are talking about microphone “sensitivity”, I don’t think there is a way to change that.  You can change the sensitivity for the purposes of notifications, but I don’t think that changes the actual sensitivity of the microphone itself.  Perhaps someone else knows better.  

I’m assuming the obvious, ... that your mobile device (or PC) volume is turned up, since that is where “volume” would come into play for audio from a remote microphone.

How did you set up a “different microphone source”?  I haven’t run across that option.