Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro keeps going offline after initial connection. Tried reconnecting, removing, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Markkie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have Arlo Pro camera which connects but after 1-2 minutes goes offline and stays offline. Have tried disconnect/reconnect from power, removed and added back to my Arlo account along with changing batteries and nothing is working. How do I fix this camera? Do I need to toss it at this point?  I've had it for just over a year and it's been outdoors for most of the time.  I've kept it plugged in due to its location and to keep the battery charged.  It's been working fine until recently.  Is it worth getting serviced and if so how, where?  The camera is VMC 4030.

4 REPLIES 4
Markkie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, all updates for camera and base station have been installed and even base station along with my internet/wi-fi has been rebooted.  Two other cameras that have been indoors are working just fine, it's only the one that has been outdoors that is the issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe try swapping one of the indoor cameras with the outdoor one?  That will tell you if the connection problem is related to the camera itself or to the location.

Markkie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for responding. I already swapped the camera with another and the recent one is working fine. The previous one has been indoors and still goes offline after 1-2 minutes. Apparently, these cameras are not meant or better to put, shouldn't be used outside. The question remains, since it's the camera, should I get it fixed or cut my losses and toss it. If I toss it, I'll change to something other than Arlo, it just doesn't hold up.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

All of mine are outside, and some are a couple years old. 

@Markkie wrote:
since it's the camera, should I get it fixed 

It's not really repairable.  But you can contact support.  If it's less than a year old, they will replace it.  Not sure if there are exceptions for older cameras.