Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro keeps going off line

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo pro keeps going off line. I have (4) Arlo camera's that all work well. I even had a regular Arlo camera in the same spot I put the Arlo Pro and never had a connection issue. The Pro works for a few hours but then goes off line and will not go back on line. It is fully charged and showed signal acceptance when it was working. How to I get my Arlo pro back on line and keep it on line?

14 REPLIES 14
Sbcare
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue with a single camera. It works great for about an hour or two after a full charge, then it goes off line. How do I get this to work?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Swap cameras around to see if it's a camera or position issue.
Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

I went to swap camera's but now the issue may be a battery issue. I fully charged the Arlo Pro before installing it yesterday. When i went to swap the camera with one of my regular ones the battery level was at 10%!!! the minute i plugged it back into the charger it went back on line. Seems like a battery issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Roostertime,

It could be that interference at the cameras location is causing the camera to have issues maintaining it's connection with the base station, resulting in battery drain. After swapping locations, do you get the same results?

JamesC

Panslay
Aspirant
Aspirant
So was it a battery issue? Because I am having the same issue. My three normal alto works fine but also pro is not working at all after few hours.
Panslay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I moved my arlo around and doing same. Is this a defect?
Sousalabamba
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the exact same problem.  Bought the camera three days ago and it's never worked.  It keeps dropping the connection.

I just moved the camera to a new location further from the base and it worked for 10 minutes and lost its connection again.  

About ready to return it. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Panslay, Sousalabamba

If after relocating the camera you are still experiencing this issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Martz
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo pro keep go of line after recharges good for 5day then off line again so decide to connect power cables to arlo still  off line but still of line how do I get my arlo back on line and keep it on line ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Martz,

It sounds like it could be going offline due to poor signal strength or WiFi interference. To further isolate (temporarily) bring the camera close to the base station and test to see if you get the same results.

JamesC

Veracruz50
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issues with it going off line constantly. Is there a different solution to this than what has already been posted? If this continue I will have to return it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Veracruz50,

The issue could be poor signal strength due to range or interference at the cameras location. Consider relocating the camera (temporarily) close to the base station. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Kitoking63
Aspirant
Aspirant

instructions on how to get arlo camera online again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Power cycle the base. Reinsert batteries. If it doesn't connect, resync. If still no good, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.