Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to edit Arlo Pro settings on an iPad

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bainisg
Aspirant
Aspirant

There isn't an option (I can find anyway) to adjust motion and audio settings. There's no "pencil" icon by "armed" or "disarmed", and I've tried clicking, double clicking, holding down, etc. I don't have this problem on Android or Windows, only my old IPad ( I think it's an iPad 2). Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No iOS here but the icons I'm familiar with are either a pencil or > icon on the right side of the mode you're editing. Is it possible the icon is simply off-screen to the right?  A reinstall of the app and a restart of the iPad may or may not help.

Bainisg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for quick response. 

After posting, I started thinking about something: On the iPad, I need to use a different email account so I can be logged into multiple devices at the same time. I gave full access/permissions to that email address, and it does show this in the settings. However, just to check, I logged out on the iPad but this time logged back in with my primary email address. Lo and behold, all options/settings are now visible and working. So... it's something to do with permissions. I'm not sure how to fix that either, though, so maybe it's a glitch I need to report?

Thanks again...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No, guest access isn't the same as the master account. Some settings, as you've found, just aren't available in a guest account, even with the extra permissions set.
Bainisg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, I see. Well, it isn't the end of the world, just a little inconvenient is all. The camera works great so I ain't gonna complain!

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/A64B29EDB158B910_201704

Thanks again