Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro keeps going back to armed mode by itself

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
xltima
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a custom mode created works fine however just recently I cannot get it to stay in that mode and keeps reverting back to Armed by itself. I'm using Android app.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base. Are you using the schedule or just selecting your custom mode?

xltima
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just selecting it, and then it actually switches on me after I refresh the tabs. So far the only work around is to use Geofencing and set both Away/Home settings to the same mode.

I just rebooted it and now two of four of my cameras are showing offline and the same issues still occurs when I select my custom mode.

xltima
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after several reboots through the web portal, I had inconsistent reconnections with cameras. So I ended up unplugging the power completely and let it drain out. Then powered it back on and everything came back up. So far the modes are sticking.

Orius
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with the android app since 5/14/18. Never had this issue before with modes not sticking. The odd thing is that when i log into my online account, the modes display correctly but on the app, they don't seem to stick.

-Rebooted all of my base stations but no change.

-Uninstalled-reinstalled the app but same thing happens.

Wonder if if the latest app update for android that caused it.

MitchellH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue as OP. Seems to be the last app update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, are you using a schedule? If so, do you see the same behavior when select the custom mode only?

Have you tried creating a new custom mode, does it behave the same?

JamesC