Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
AbhayaTarak
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I have installed my cameras and there is delay about 10 seconds when its recording live. How to remove this Lag as Arlo pro claimed to not have any Lag

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not quite sure what you're saying.  Lag when "recording live" - do you mean starting live view or when motion is detected and recording starts? The latter is fixed by positioning the cameras optimally (motion across the FOV, not towards the camera and within 20 feet +/-).  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

AbhayaTarak wrote:

Hi,

I have installed my cameras and there is delay about 10 seconds when its recording live. How to remove this Lag as Arlo pro claimed to not have any Lag

There is always some lag betwen real time and live viewing on the cameras... some have more, some less...don't know why.

The data makes a round trip from you to the servers and then back to you before live viewing.

As to the Arlo Pro, I think the claimed response was not the time difference of live vs view, but the lag between the 'trigger' event and the start of recording. This lag has been greatly improved

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Tatoosue
Apprentice
Apprentice

TomMac, I am thinking about replacing my Arlo Wireless with the Arlo Pro, but not if the delay time between motion detection and video is not any better with the Pro.  You mentioned that "This lag has been greatly improved."  How "greatly improved"?  We are having an issue with a prowler/peeper/pervert in our condo association latest 6/13/17 at 10:04 at night.  My Arlo has captured him twice, but the lag is so great, the police are having a hard time.  Has the Pro been that "greatly improved"?  Thank you.