Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro is causing wifi signal degredation

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ConcernedUser
Follower
Follower

Hey you!

My arlo pro camera base station is causing wifi interferance due to the terrible decision made by You! 
I want a user-option to select the most appropriate wifi channel, manually. Without this option, my set-up is too much of a disruption to continue to use.

You have 30 days to rectify this issue and respond, or else, I will sell all my arlo gear to some poor sap for a dollar. Then I will post my reviews on youtube to disrupt your future sales goals. That's a promise.

Please fix your software.

Regards,

Hindered wifi connections and disgruntled user. 

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@ConcernedUser

I think you are wasting on your breath on this community forum, because the members here are mainly happy Arlo customers who are trying to help others solve their problems. Now, if you are asking for help that is another story as there are plenty of members that are willing to help you solve your problem. I don't even know if the Arlo staff even read these posts.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are some ways to try to fix this. One is to simply move the base further away from the router while another is to use a WiFi or powerline extender to remotely place the base.

I happen to have my main base sitting approximately 1 inch from my router and always have. Others have had to move the base away from the router.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My base is about two feet away from my router. No issue. Arlo follows the same 2.4 GHz channel as the router, but all my devices except the 2.4GHz only printer are on 5GHz most of the time. Even then the 2.4GHz signal strength is quite good. -30db to -36db most places (using netgear Orbi).