Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Col_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I disconnected my Arlo Pro from my hub and connected it to a new hub only to find I was presented with the message "Without Arlo Smart, your cameras will remain inactive..." - see attached.  I thought this was strange since this is an Arlo Pro camera that comes with 7-days free cloud storage, something I've been using successfully for many years.  I had no choice but to skip past the message and sure enough my Arlo Pro camera is now inactive.

I reconnected it back to the original hub and got the same again, so I now have an inactive camera 😞

We all know the earlier Arlo cameras have 7-day free cloud storage included for free as set out on https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

How do I get my Arlo Pro camera working and recording again?

Arlo inactive.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Col_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen, I've just resolved this over a chat session.
The message is appearing because I have 6 cameras connected but I do have a trial smart subscription for one of them so everything is working right now. The message suggests I need a subscription for the Arli Pro when in fact I don't. Add to that the fact that the camera wasn't working with the new hub, you can see why I logged this issue.
However, I've disconnected and reconnected the camera and it's working fine now. The app now let's me configure the camera for recording when it wouldn't list it last time around.
Anyway, all well that ends well. Thanks for trying to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

How many cameras do you have connected?

Col_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen, I've just resolved this over a chat session.
The message is appearing because I have 6 cameras connected but I do have a trial smart subscription for one of them so everything is working right now. The message suggests I need a subscription for the Arli Pro when in fact I don't. Add to that the fact that the camera wasn't working with the new hub, you can see why I logged this issue.
However, I've disconnected and reconnected the camera and it's working fine now. The app now let's me configure the camera for recording when it wouldn't list it last time around.
Anyway, all well that ends well. Thanks for trying to help.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Col_UK wrote:
The message suggests I need a subscription for the Arli Pro when in fact I don't. 

Great that it's resolved for now.

You will need a subscription later on though (when the trial expires).  The 7-day cloud recording is limited to 5 cameras/account (with one exception - there are some folks who purchased a 6-camera system that advertised that feature).