Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro image/video quality showing washed out colors. See attached file

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

After the last firmware update, it seems I have a problem that I have seen others have had, with washed out colors.

Attached are some captures that are clearly eveidnt in what is happening. I've swapped the cameras, just to eliminate a camera problem itself. Yes, the  camera is further away than the other but, I've had the system for almost a year now and this is the first I have had an issue with. What is even stranger is, it comes and goes and I would realy like an answer to this issue.

I've also changed batteries, re-synced cameras to base and powered off the base unit quite a few times here. Brightness is 50%, night vision on and off, makes no difference either. Tried all picture qualities as well,  made no difference.

13 REPLIES 13
Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

Because I cant attach 2 pics under 1 reply, here is the pic after swapping cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The first image looks normal. The second one is an image after the camera has sensed low light and reverts to black and white to increase sensitivity for the video.

Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

The problem is, both pictures are from the same day, an hour apart. 12 and 1pm on a clear sunny day. Hence why I switched cameras with the front and back, to see if this was a camera problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't seen anything like this before except with hardware problems. Since you've swapped cameras and the same location has the same problem, I would open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

Emailed support right after this chain, heard NOTHING back from at all. I take it everything thats said about Netgear support is true then. What a shame, guess I'll no longer be recommending their products from here on out.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Jayfkuul,

Let me gather more information from you regarding not hearing back from our support team.

Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

PM sent.

Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

Heres a quick gif of video, from said camera after firmware upgrade.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Huh. It must be your radiant personality that gets you color because when you leave the scene it goes to B&W.  🙂

I suspect a hardware problem with the camera.

Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

lol thats my son actually... I swapped cameras and gotten the same results, can't be a camera issue. Check my pics in earlier posts.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Follow up with @JessicaP and her offer to start a support case. I guess someone smarter than I is needed to figure this out.

Bob_B
Star
Star

FWIW: Over the last week, my Arlo Pro cam has also developed washed out color.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Bob_B,

Try to follow the steps that jguerdat mentioned earlier. If you're still having problems, contact our support team here: Arlo Support