Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Follower
Follower

How can i have many phones set up to get alerts, motion alerts, sound alerts, take a picture etc in the household.  Not just one...  

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Push notifications are available to any phone that has the app installed and logged in. Email notifications are set up by individual email addresses in your rules. Pushes are global, emails are individual.

Operation of the system is a different issue. One person can use the master account at a time (a second person will kick the other off). Guest accounts allow multiple people to be logged in at the same time. There additional access privileges that can be added or not to allow more or less access to the system as you need.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, check out GRANT ACCESS for secondary users ( shared cameras )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jbrown111
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where do you find the location to add multiple email addresses for alerts? I have four options on my app: devices, library, mode and settings. I have granted access to my wife and she has her own app and registration. I can select push notifications for her iPhone but nothing about sending her emails. I get the emails, she doesn’t. We both get notifications.

Thanks,
Jeff
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

jbrown111 wrote:
Where do you find the location to add multiple email addresses for alerts? I have four options on my app: devices, library, mode and settings. I have granted access to my wife and she has her own app and registration. I can select push notifications for her iPhone but nothing about sending her emails. I get the emails, she doesn’t. We both get notifications.

Thanks,
Jeff

https://kb.arlo.com/1019297/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts

Pretty sure you enter each email address in the email address line separated by a comma.

jbrown111
Aspirant
Aspirant

And where do I find this email address line?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

jbrown111 wrote:

And where do I find this email address line?

This is for Andriod........

Open Arlo app > tap on mode > tap on your base > tap the edit pencil next to Armed > tap the edit pencil next to the rule you want to have email notifications on > scroll down to the bottom and check the Email Alerts box > tap the edit pencil > add your email address > tap the + sign.

jbrown111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently, they do not have that option for IOS. It just has push notifications. I would like to make this a feature request, but also a workaround in the interim. If someone from Arlo is reading this, please respond.

Thanks,

Jeff

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jbrown111,

This edit path is the same for iOS devices. What are you seeing that is preventing you from completing this?

How do I set up notifications or alerts?

JamesC

jbrown111
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have attached a screenshot.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

jbrown111 wrote:
I have attached a screenshot.

You're in the geofencing mode. That mode doesn't show the email. As I stated in my instructions..... edit the armed mode. In there you can set you email notifications. Then in geofencing mode you choose Armed for away and it uses the notifications setup in the armed mode settings.

jbrown111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, thanks. That worked.