Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sandobalj
Follower
Follower

I purchased a 3 pack yesterday and went through the setup easily.  Later that evening I noticed that the 2 I place inside the house pointed outside were flashing white to black.  I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem?  Could it be that they are point through a double pane window?  Any suggestions other than mounting outside.  I didn't want to do that yet.  

To make things worse, I turned them off and we had someone try to break into our house last night.  I was so mad that I hadn't figured out a way to capture video without the flashing.  

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo and Arlo PRO cameras WILL NOT DETECT MOTION thru glass.... they detect IR to see motion and the glass blocks IR.

The Flashing could be the IR illuminators ( night vision ) which will also reflect off the glass and wash out the picture in white

These cameras were ment to be used outside... they are weather proof,  You can only use them thru glass windows if you LIVE VIEW and turn off the Nightvision

The Q cameras WILL work thru glass and mine works fine with double pane andersen windows.... but they use a different detection method ( pixel based )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------