Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro draining battery, lagging notifications, going offline, and chat not working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jvak
Follower
Follower

I really regret purchasing this system (Arlo Pro - 3 cameras).  Initially the reason was battery life and lag time.  I realize that battery life of  'up to six months' means less than six months, but I barely get a month of battery life from each camera. Notification lag time is also an issue.  What is the point of receiving a notification after you have heard someone ring the doorbell or knock on the door?

The latest issue I'm having is that my cameras are offline.  The batteries are charged, the base station is connected to the internet (and has been restarted/reset), but the app won't allow me to change the status of my cameras.  So essentially I have 3 dummy security cameras that cost me over $500.  Customer support really doesn't exist, just refers customers with issues to the faq or the community for help.  There is a 'live chat' option that I have never been able to successfully 'chat' with someone. 

I would love to be able to return this system, but I'm sure I can't because I purchased last December.  I am going to talk to a manager at lowes (purchased at lowes.com) to see if they will take it back.  If they won't take it back, I'm going to try craigslist or just throw it away.  This system isn't worth the hastle. 

1 REPLY 1
jd3
Initiate
Initiate

I have same issues.  Cameras just go offline for no reason.  Totally regret this purchase but I've been trying to make it work.  I just found out there's a new firmware update needed so I will now take down all of my cameras and attempt to update the firmware for them as well as the base station.  My guess is I will continue to have issues where my cams go offline.  Then I think the next option is to check for wifi interference and potentially changing the wifi channel.  I have had success connecting to support through the chat with Chrome (not IE)