Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cloudy at night

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
Both of my cameras look like they are cloudy when recording last night. This morning when light they looked fine. I checked the night vision and is on but i turned it off then back on again.
Anyone having this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
It was raining the day before, but no rain that night. I waited until the next night and the camera worked fine no cloud. Not sure what was up but working now..😎
Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
Help please
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check/ clean the outside  ... temp condensation on lens ??

Check inside and make sure no moisture and Oring in place

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you removed the protective film from the front of the camera?

Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
Film was removed when i purchasded one week ago. Just started doing this last night. I will see what happens tonight.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If it still does it, then change location temporarily to see if it could be an environmental issue.

Could there be an outside light that's coming on and shining towards the camera?

Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
The cameta has been up for a week, last night was the first time it did this. This morning at daylight no cloudiness. Clear so trying it one more night before taking it down.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Turn off night vision and see if that makes a difference.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bcowan1960 wrote:
https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/868F4A99A063512C_201703

Looking at the video...it appears the lens ( from rain or snow ? was it?? ) got water on it and the IR lights were being reflected in the water and washing out the image

Morse is faster than texting!
Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
It was raining the day before, but no rain that night. I waited until the next night and the camera worked fine no cloud. Not sure what was up but working now..😎
Thanks everyone.