Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro charging faults

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aps2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Batteries have been successfully charged twice using charging station. Now neither of 2 batteries will charge in charging station. It is the original equipment that came with the setup (only 1 year old). Says "incompatible charger" but it is original. I know the cord works because when I put it on my phone, it charges. The wall adapter is getting power. I have reset base. I have deleted device and then added back. Won't charge by plugging into the camera directly. So, the wall adapter works, the cord works, but batteries won't charge. Cameras work fine for now until I lose battery power - help - I am at 20%!

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Aps2019

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Aps2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I have been reading on this topic for 3 days. It seems to be quite common but with a variety of things that solved. I followed all of the solutions that I could find online first.  I believe most had to replace parts. I don't want to replace parts when I don't know exactly what part to replace.....plus some say it is some type of software glitch. Not sure where to start. Wondering if I buy a new charging station and it doesn't charge the batteries, can I return it? Then try replacing the batteries? I find it odd that both batteries would die at exactly same time so thinking it is something else. Ugh. 

Ag2006
Tutor
Tutor
In case anyone finds this thread, I had this same issue and found a solution. Maybe it will help you as well.

I discovered that the wall plug from one camera, when used with the cable from the other camera, caused this error. When I replaced the wall plug with the other, the error went away. Amazingly, the other wall plug is also now working with the other cable.

In other words, somehow both wall plugs and cables work, but they are not interchangeable!

While both cameras are Arlo Pros, one came with the base and one was an add-on. I also discovered the part numbers on the plugs are different (332-10893-01 and 332–11004-01) while the model numbers are the same (AD2085320). No idea if that made a difference or not. The cables are indistinguishable.

The “matched” set of cable/plugs also can charge either camera... the only thing that seems incompatible is mixing the cables with the plugs.

Very strange behavior... I’m not sure if it’s specific to my case or not.