Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Oceans
Star
Star

This is for the Arlo techs. We have the wireless connections and I really don't remember which arlo we have. I believe it is the arlo pro, but it is the wireless cameras that we have.  

I am sick of this issue as it leaves us withno security system, and I believe the issue is on Arlo's end.   When we first got the Arlo cameras and base station over 2 years ago, no problems with camera or base station going off line-for at least a year.  We first had 5 camers and then increased to a pay for service using 10 cameras.  For the past year or so, cameras will sporadically go off line. I have had to open the battery compartment on each camera and wiggle them and shut the battery door and walla, the camera is back on line.  About 8-10 weeks ago or longer the entire system went off line, right after your latest firmware update.  I tried to get it back to being on line with no success.  The firmware update took our whole system off line and it would not reconnect.  We had a spare base station, new unused that came with the 2nd round of cameras we purchased, so I removed the base station and cameras, and installed a new base station and synced the cameras one at a time.  For the past month or so working perfect as it used to. Today, when we left to run a short errand, the system was working - all cameras and base station were connected the internet. We weren't 10 minutes from  home when I checked on my Ipad and found the entire system off line, including the base station.  Got home, found that the middle green light on the base station was not lit up.   Shut the base station off and back on, and only the green light on the left side came on.  So I unplugged the base station waited a few seconds, and plugged it back in again and it is working.  All cameras except for 3 show back on line.  So I will have to get the big ladder out and make my husband climb up again to open the camera battery door wiggle the batteries and shut the battery door and I am sure again, as before, the camera will be linked and no longer be off line. The other 2 I can reach myself and will do them.  I couldn't say how many times we have had to do these with cameras.   Cameras in doors have to be able to be turned off and on, for privacy reasons,and to save battery life.  We also must be turn off motion detection (we do on Sundays when we our outside and have to save the cameras from taking videos over and over. ) 

This is an issue with Arlo.  Maybe your system cannot handle all the users??   Is your server down, and you choose not to notify customers, or put a notice on the sign in page, or when signed in to "myarlo"??. I checked the "Check my Arlo System" and it showed our system was just fine and dandy. Well it wasn't as the whole thing was "off line"" and not connected. So how can it show everything with our system was fine.  Apparently the Check my arlo system is not in real time??  

I am beyond being disgusted with this system.  

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oceans,

If the middle LED on the base station is not lit, that indicates that not only does the base station not have a connection to the internet but it is also not communicating with your router.

This could point to an issue with the router, router port, and/or ethernet cable going to the base station.

To start, try replacing the ethernet cable and using a different port on the router to see if you experience better behavior.

JamesC

Oceans
Star
Star

Although our modem/router was fine and didn't need to be replaced, we wanted more speed, specificalyl for this camera system, so we had Century Link install a brand new router/modem about a month ago.  Everything has been working perfect until like I said, it just became unconnected to the internet.  All of a sudden and for no reason.   It had been at least 2 days since we turned off the motion on the system as we had been outside doing yard work and didn't want to waste battery life on non needed videos.   We have always experienced cameras being not connected after we have turned them off for a few hours/overnight, and put them back on.   But only twice the basestation.  It is a problem within Arlo's system, and nothing to do with our router/modem.