Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thlm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

I have a Pro that was packed away for a year or so (with the batteries inside the cameras) and I'm trying to get the cameras on again but can't get them to work despite a lot of troubleshooting.  I've tried charging all four camera/batteries for several days and the cameras seem to be connected and working (I can get a feed) when they are physically plugged into an outlet.  When I open the app with the cameras plugged in, the battery icon indicates a green (full) battery with the lightning bolt through it.  If I log on from the computer, the icon shows a "plugged in" symbol. 

However, the minute I unplug the cameras, they go offline.  I need these cameras to work without being plugged in so I'm trying to figure out what the problem is and the best I can guess is that there is an issue with the batteries?

Other things I've tried:

- restarting/factory reset base station

- removing and adding the cameras again after base station reboot

- pulling the battery out of the camera and watching the LED as I reinsert the battery.  The LED lights don't light up at all, amber or blue, when I reinsert the battery.  The LED does flash once blue when I plug into the wall. 

Is this still a charging problem?  I did the instructions for forcing the batteries to charge (unplug, taking battery out, plug in, put battery in for 10 minutes, repeat x6) without any luck.  Thanks for any help/advice!

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
It is unlikely you will get the camera batteries to reprime. It is recommended to recharge them when at 15%. If as you state they were left inside the camera for a year then they would likely be unrecoverable.

Additionally it is unlikely the camera will try to recharge the batteries for safety reasons.

If you have a charged spare battery you could use it to enable the camera to sync at least.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do
thlm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks.  I guess I'll have to buy new batteries.  Thanks again!