Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
saposch
Tutor
Tutor

For at least a year I had a a great experience with Arlo.  The cameras all worked as I expected.

But, now, to be honest, I am getting really sick and tired of my Arlo cameras sometimes picking up motion and sometimes not.  They will work fine for awhile and then cease being triggered by motion without warning.  That will continue for several hours or a couple of days and then suddenly start working again without me changing anything. 

When it occured the first time I removed a camera and then re-added it and it seemed to work but then it stopped working again.  If this continues I may just scrap the whole set up and switch to Ring.   An unreliable security system is not worth the risk.

27 REPLIES 27
saposch
Tutor
Tutor

I have not contacted customer support.  I will.  Thanks Shayne.

saposch
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.  I have no idea what that means.  I guess call my ISP and ask.

saposch
Tutor
Tutor

Update on this...

First off, thank you to everyone who responded to my message. 

I did contact a service rep over a live chat.  He told me to make sure my cameras are in Armed mode.  What is odd to me is that I don't believe I have ever put my cameras in Armed mode yet for months I received motion alerts consistently until a few months back when it became unreliable.  

I could not get a straight answer from the rep as to why that is.

Nevertheless, I took his advice and armed my cameras and went out to test them.  Instantly they worked whereas for the past day plus, despite a fair amount of motion no alerts were received and no videos recorded.

So, hopefully this is the end of the problems, however, I am still perplexed.

- Steve