Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
saposch
Tutor
Tutor

For at least a year I had a a great experience with Arlo.  The cameras all worked as I expected.

But, now, to be honest, I am getting really sick and tired of my Arlo cameras sometimes picking up motion and sometimes not.  They will work fine for awhile and then cease being triggered by motion without warning.  That will continue for several hours or a couple of days and then suddenly start working again without me changing anything. 

When it occured the first time I removed a camera and then re-added it and it seemed to work but then it stopped working again.  If this continues I may just scrap the whole set up and switch to Ring.   An unreliable security system is not worth the risk.

27 REPLIES 27
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Since the upgrades in the last year, ours have gotten bad at times too. We have to direct 3 cameras to one area just to reliably catch motion. All five of our cams seem to not record from 11pm-4 or 5am on most days even if the wind is strong and all are set to 100%.

saposch
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.  Its so bad now that I don't even recall the last time saw a motion detection alert on my phone.  Its been several days.  Either the Arlo folks are not monitoring this site or they are and don't care because I have not heard from them.

ppeters951
Initiate
Initiate

Cameras stop recording on Aug 27. I have 5 and not one is recording motion

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the base by turning it off and turning it on?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
marine65
Guide
Guide

I have the same problems.  Now I only can check my cameras on my iPhone.  I cannot access my.arlo.com from any of my other computers; Windows and iMac.  Tried deleting cookies, reset the controller many times but still not working.  Whatever Arlo updated  they really screwed things up.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@marine65 

I am on my.arlo.com with Edge on windows now and it works fine. Have you tried a different browser? 

marine65
Guide
Guide

I have tried numerous browsers on desktop and laptop Windows PC's and on my iMac computer.  I can log in to shop on arlo.com but nowhere can I log into my.arlo.com.  After I enter login and password it freezes on that screen.  I all started about a week ago.  Before that all was working normally.

marine65
Guide
Guide

I will add that my iPhone works OK for my.arlo.com but much slower than over a week ago.  Something has changed everything.  Some cameras do not notify and some. notify and yet don't show a recording.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@marine65 

Since you have two different  problems (the log in to the web on other then phone and no recordings)  you can contact support listed below. 

Kaci09
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the SAME issues with my Pro 2 camera’s.
saposch
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response.  My mobile device is not getting motion detection alerts, so I don't think the browser is the issue.

saposch
Tutor
Tutor

In the past day the alerts started to work, by the way.  So, when they stop working again, I will contact support.  It is easier to explain and demonstrate when the issue is actually happening.

marine65
Guide
Guide

Seems the newest update to Windows and the new Edge works now.  The iMac still does not work for logging into my.arlo.com using two different logins, clearing cache and cookies, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.  Non will work.  The screen just freezes after entering the login and password.

saposch
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you everyone who has responded.   I realize you have better things to do with your time.  I am reading all of the responses.

Dfindlay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same probelm, recording just stopped. I get motion but nothing records. Even tried to record locally but nothing. Paid a lot of money for a system that wont work after about a year.....love it!
saposch
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to weigh in on my original thread.  For a bit I was thinking maybe the spotty motion detection was due to inconsistent wi-fi strength.   After all, my kids are often complaining about the "wi-fi not working".  But, starting last evening my Arlo Pro cameras have not registered even one motion detection despite people coming in and out.  This has been ongoing today as on several occasions people have passed in front of more than one camera.  So, I have just about had it with Arlo.  Ready to scrap this and try Ring.

SGoldfinch123
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi, i have the same problem, arlo chat help useless they bumped me off

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @saposch & SGoldfinch123

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

SGoldfinch123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t want to sound clever but I really believe the hours I have spent on line chat and all the suggestions on the forum, the only thing left to do as the live chat guy said is get my wifi signal changed? Or I I think my base unit could be faulty ? Thanks Steve
saposch
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, and thanks for the response.

I have tried to reboot the base unit, removed and re-added the cameras to the Arlo network, swapping cameras (i.e.: moved garage camera to front-door and vice versa), resetting the modem and the router to my wi-fi network.  Possibly others but that is all that comes to mind at the moment.

- Steve P.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@saposch

Thank you for the detailed information. I checked and your base station & cameras are up to date on the latest firmware, that being said it appears you have tried all the troubleshooting steps I can provide. Have you contacted customer support & what were the results if so?

Thank you

SGoldfinch123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shayne
Help line say to get my ISP to change my wifi signal to one on not such a busy line ??? If that does not work to get back to them, many thanks Steve
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SGoldfinch123

I see, they are suggesting to adjust the channel your router is using. If you attempt to do this please be sure to notify customer support with the results.

SGoldfinch123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will do thanks 🙏