Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera won't update firmware

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jiao
Tutor
Tutor

I have 4 cameras, 3 of them have firmware 1.090.0.1_11011, the one have problem has firmware 1.090.0.0_9945, now it shows "update your camera's firmware now", once I click "update camera", the camera has blue LED flashing for couple of second, then back again, the firmware not updated, the "update camera" sign still there. it can capture the movement and record video, just cannot go Live.  I tried power off/power on the base station, tried pull the camera battery out, still same. any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would Open the battery door remove and replace the battery...

Check the level of charge so it's above 70 %

Use settings>remove device and delete the camera

Power button reboot the base and once back up, bring back the camera as if new ( resync )

Click on the update button and wait... it may happen then or overnight.( usu happens during night )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would Open the battery door remove and replace the battery...

Check the level of charge so it's above 70 %

Use settings>remove device and delete the camera

Power button reboot the base and once back up, bring back the camera as if new ( resync )

Click on the update button and wait... it may happen then or overnight.( usu happens during night )

Morse is faster than texting!
jiao
Tutor
Tutor

remove and add back and forth couple of times, finally it worked and updated firmware. works so far so good till now. but I am still don't know the reason and why, I am not sure if it will be stable. so far so good anyway.