Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera wireless camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LMA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know if there is an Arlo Pro wireless camera with 1080p rather than 720p in the near future?  I am considering buying this system but the lower resolution is holding me back.  Other systems do offer the higher resolution, but do not have the other features I am looking for that are available in this system.

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Haven't heard anything but it's unlikely that Netgear would announce anything prior to release much like all the other tech companies don't. I suspect the fear is that sales will dry up as people wait for the new release but I would have that same fear if I was a tech maker

LMA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your input. You are right about them not talking about it. I may just wait or look at other systems.

Habitue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings,

Include me with those that are happy with the easy setup, features and mobile app of my Arlo Pro system. However, I previously owned an outdoor 1080p camera and the details I saw in the close proximity of my home were crisp (eg license plates, faces, etc).

It may have been mentioned before, but an option could be a firmware update that allows 1080p resolution when only connected to a charger/power cable. I agree that the batteries would not be able to support the option without constant recharging. Also, would not be a solution for cameras totally exposed to the elements; however, not all of my cameras are. 4 out of my 5 outdoor cams are not exposed to rain. Moreover, I would want just 2 cams to have 1080p resolution out of the 5. Additional features such as setting “active areas” for motion detection would also be uselful, but 1080p resolution will make a world of difference.

Again, I am satisfied with the system but my search and decision to buy it would have been more immediate if there was an outdoor 1080p solution.

Regards.