Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
liberak
Tutor
Tutor

I just bought the Arlo Pro, did a firmware update to 1.090.0.0_9945

The speakers in the camera do not work even at 100% volume. The microphone seems to work. Anyone figure out a way to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
liberak
Tutor
Tutor

I spoke with Arlo support and they explained how to user the push-to-talk feature. I wasnt holding the mic icon. Once I held the mic icon I am able to hear from the camera speaker. Thanks to Arlo support

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
For right now, USS a computer. You can usually adjust the mic gain so you can be heard.
EagleAW
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue.  We recently purchased two Arlo Pro Wire-Free Cameras and I set them up yesterday.  I can get audio from the recordings and live streamings, but neither camera speakers are working/two-way audio is not funtioning.  I have logged in from my computer and through my mobile phone and played around with all the settings, restarted, rebooted, updated, etc.  It is not working.  The two-way audio was the entire reason we purchased the Arlo Pro.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Check the mic gain on the computer. I had to increase mine to a good level. You should find it in your sound settings.
liberak
Tutor
Tutor

I spoke with Arlo support and they explained how to user the push-to-talk feature. I wasnt holding the mic icon. Once I held the mic icon I am able to hear from the camera speaker. Thanks to Arlo support

dondef1
Initiate
Initiate
Hello,

I just purchased your Arlo Pro Camera system. There are 6 cameras. Two include the wire and 4 small cams are wireless however, all cams show speakers but I am unable to get two-way talk with the 4 small cameras yet they all show speakers built in.

I was under the impression all 6 cameras would include 2-way talk, which is why I bought this system through Amazon. I need to be able to hear and communicate back on all cameras both ways. What happened? I purposely bought the Pro System which was more expensive because all cameras were supposed to include 2-way talk. Please help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you need to give us more details.  There are some different packages available so we don't know for sure what you bought.  The easy way to tell is by the batteries - the original cameras with no audio have four 123 batteries while the Pro has a cube battery pack.  The Q cameras are powered via USB power supply.  WHat do you have?

dondef1
Initiate
Initiate
Ono! I have the cameras with the four batteries. Oh I'm so upset. What can we do? How can I get all with two way talk without costing me a fortune? Please let me know the best solution. I have the six cameras pro pack. Thank you. Donna
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you want audio, your only choice is to return them and get the Pro cameras. What you have is not a Pro system.
spaparizos
Star
Star

Is there a special way to press the button? Because I hold it on my android phone but nothing comes out from the arlo speaker.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spaparizos,

Press and hold to talk, release when finished.

JamesC

spaparizos
Star
Star

JamesC wrote:

spaparizos,

Press and hold to talk, release when finished.

JamesC

Yes, this is what I do, press and hold. Works very well on my door bell which is a different brand. But none of my 4 arlo pros actually play any sound. So either I am doing something wrong, or the whole system has an issue?

helloitsanita
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first set up the Arlo Pros, I would see a large floating speaker icon on live view that I would press to talk. But the icon has now gone missing. What happened?

FergusonWJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found this and it works on my computers but there is no mic icon on my smart phone. Kinda sucks.
FergusonWJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the supposed to be a mic icon on smartphone apps?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, there's a mic on the app. You may need to reinstall the app and allow all access it requests.