Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera's stopped recording - yellow man (motion detector) is always yellow.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DanG38
Initiate
Initiate

This morning my Arlo Camera's (all of them, 3) stopped recording new videos.  It seems as though the issue is the "yellow man" motion detector is ALWAYS on.  I can get him to go back to "black" after putting the Camera in Live Stream, but as soon as motion is detected the yellow man returns... permanently.

This is happening on both my phone app (Apple) and web broswer.  I did try to clear my web cache - but this did not work (didn't think it would fix the phone app anyway).

I also tried to turn off the camera, pull the battery on the camera and reset the hub.

What the heck is going on?  I really don't want to remove/resync the cameras to the base, anything else I can try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanG38
Initiate
Initiate
Yes the issue is now resolved. All I needed to do was unplug power from the hub for a few minutes. I haven't had any issues since then.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the mode got gliched...

Best thing is to do what you don't want.... reset the camera by pulling batteries, power button cycle the base and if that doesn't help, then REMOVE DEVICE ( in settings  ) then bring each one back as new

OR a full reset of the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tkiki
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wonderng if you esolved this. Having the exact same isue. Have not ried any resets, hoping I don't have too.

DanG38
Initiate
Initiate
Yes the issue is now resolved. All I needed to do was unplug power from the hub for a few minutes. I haven't had any issues since then.
tkiki
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey man, thanks for the quick response. I'm going to try that. Been driving me crazy.