Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera records every few minutes

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
flyingfroggy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo base station with 2 Arlo Pro cameras. My rule for both cameras is : If motion is detected, record video." One of the cameras works properly. The other camera sends constant "motion detected" messages when the camera is armed, even though there is no motion. I normally have the motion detection setting under "Device Utilities" set at medium (50). For testing purposes, I set it at 1 (as low as it goes). I still get the constant messages. I’ve already removed the camera and added it back.  I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this. Thanks.

Camera firmware is 1.092.1.0_9_120d8b7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
Firstly try removing the camera battery for 10sec or more to reset the camera.

If no joy then check the motion sensitivity adjustment in the operating mode’s rule for the camera. This is where you can adjust the sensitivity for motion triggered events. The motion test utility is just for testing only.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Firstly try removing the camera battery for 10sec or more to reset the camera.

If no joy then check the motion sensitivity adjustment in the operating mode’s rule for the camera. This is where you can adjust the sensitivity for motion triggered events. The motion test utility is just for testing only.
flyingfroggy
Aspirant
Aspirant
PhyllisH
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro camera is recording every minute whether there is motion or not. It just keeps recording until I turn it off. It worked fine until a few days ago. I have removed and reinstalled the batteries. I have removed the camera from the system and reinstalled it. I have covered the camera with towels and it still detects motion and records motion every minute. I have set the sensitivity to 10 and it makes not difference. I don't know what else to do?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PhyllisH,

Do you have audio detection enabled? If so try disabling it to see if you experience better results: https://kb.arlo.com/1012167/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-motion-or-sound-detection

JamesC

PhyllisH
Aspirant
Aspirant

This camera does not have audio so that's not the problem.