Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera not letting me view live stream and not recording when motion is detected

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Badneighbors333
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought an Arlo Pro system today. For a while, the camera was fine, but now that its actually up and mounted, its not letting me live stream or test the positioning. I just get a connecting screen. On top of that, its pushing notifications that its detecting motion, but its not actually giving me a recording. The light on the base is green. All of them are. I know they all had firmware updates as soon as I got them on, but what gives?

4 REPLIES 4
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Frustrating isn’t it.. You’re not alone with this bug.. This started early Jan. and it’s now Feb. so who knows when they’ll actually do something and fix this issue.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Badneighbors333 wrote:
I just bought an Arlo Pro system today. For a while, the camera was fine, but now that its actually up and mounted, its not letting me live stream or test the positioning. I just get a connecting screen.

Check the live streaming with a PC web browser ( https://my.arlo.com ) to rule out an app issue.

If that still won't connect, try restarting the base.  Rebooting the camera(s) by removing the battery and reinserting it might also resolve it.

peebs
Guide
Guide

It is an app issue, as usual. But no one cares so good luck.

I can live stream on Arlo's outdated web site (with the continual Flash problems, nice job developers, nothing like entering 2020 with out of date technology.)

Since January 2020 the Arlo app on my Android phone only connects 10-20% of the time. I tried the most up to date Arlo app for Android 2.12.3_27015 (Jan 8, 2020), but what a piece of crap that was, so I went back to the less crappy 2.12.2_27010. At least I can connect 10-20% of the time on the older app, IF I constantly log back in and out of the app.

Eh...no one cares. I will just get the same old responses that it is my system, my phone, my router, my modem, my ISP, etc. Nothing in my internet setup has changed on my end in January 2020. I am going with Arlo just being a really crappy company with really crappy products. I am surprised they stay in business, probably because fools like me read the so-called "good" reviews online and are suckered into buying such an inferior product.

Fix YOUR problems Arlo. 

Oh that's right, it is NEVER going to happen.

I DO NOT recommend Arlo cameras to anyone out there reading this and contemplating buying Arlo products. Stay far far away from such trash.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can live stream at will on my Android devices as well as on a computer. The app could have issues with a specific phone/OS combo but generally it works fine.

A brute force method to get it working well is to factory reset the phone, make sure the OS is up to date and try again. Others have had success with this approach.