Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
houstonr19
Follower
Follower

I have two cameras and one is not detecting motion. It only records when the other camera is set off by motion and even then there is a huge delay with recording. Any ideas on how to correct this? 

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would use Remove Device in settings for the camera then bring back as if new...( resync )

this will rebuild all default settings in base ( you may have to readjust you sense levels to current )

After arm the cameras and in Live view screen verify the 'motion' icon is black ( motion is active )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mountainhigh
Tutor
Tutor

The WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem and cannot get a solution.

I have several (three) tech fummbeling with the problem with no solution (just total confusion).

NOW I CANNOT LOG ON to my system................

I wish I'd NEVER gotten envolved with this piece of SH#T...........

Best of luck to you...............

Vipera
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I was solving problem with geofencing tech support asked me to reset the base station. After reseting base station and adding back my three cameras I have found that motion detection doesn't work on one of the cameras. And I cannot start it working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the motion indicator icon in the Devices tab showing for that camera? Should be black - gray means it's disarmed. Check you active mode to ensure there's a rule for the camera. What mode are you using?

Vipera
Aspirant
Aspirant

The motion detector is black, not grey. I use a custom mode but it doesn't matter because I cannot activate motion detection even in camera utilities, yellow led doesn't turn on while I am moving at front of the camera. Two other cameras work fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a bad camera but first, reinsert the battery to reset the camera, reboot the base, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. Any better?

Vipera
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all steps except of rebooting the base station. I will try to reboot the base station and repeat camera battery insertion and sync.

Johnscary
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem.

Three cameras and one does not detect motion now.

They all worked previously.

Noticed that two that work are "H8" hardware and one that does not work is "H11"

Everything else on H11 camera  works except Motion detection.

Any ideas?

Vipera
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Pro cameras. They are H11 hardware. One camera motion detector just sopped working after base station reset to intial settings. It worked fine before.