Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NJresident
Guide
Guide

I bought 4 pack Arlo Pro. I was able to connect all 4 cameras to base station and all worked fine. 

I kept all 4 cameras in the same room as the base station to check if they work fine. Hour later one camera goes offline, next day one more camera goes offline. It keeps happening again and again and again. 

I had to open battery compartment and shut it back for camera to connect. I tried removing and connecting camera back again to see if that will prevent going offline. Camera is connected to base but it goes offline. 

Sent emails to customer service  no reply from Arlo/Netgear. I also tried calling no one is there to pick up the phone. 

Any help anyone can provide?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat firmware versions do you have on both the cameras as well as the base?  I have:

1.8.2.4_10232 - base

1.090.0.0_9945 - camera

It's possible that doing a reset on the base, removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and starting fresh with the Add Device button on the Devices tab may be needed to sort this out.

NJresident
Guide
Guide

I have same same Firmware on base and camera. I had updated firmware when I did the installation for the first time.

To me it seems that connection with the battery terminal might have and issue as when I remove and install battery I see blue light and I have to manually resync to the base station. This is happening with two cameras only, other two stays connected. 

NJresident
Guide
Guide

I tried doing a reset on the base, removing all devices in settings still having issues with two camera's.

It looks like battery does not stay connected for some reason. As I pull the battery out and put back in I see camera in app after resync and goes away after 10/15 minutes. 

I will give it a day or so if does not work, I plan to return or exchange for another unit. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I agree - I'd swap the system. Something is wrong.
NJresident
Guide
Guide

Update:

Two cameras which does not stay connected had battery at 1% this morning. When I plugged in for charging I could sync them again. Also I kept it plugged and camera got disconnected after 30 minutes. Same thing happened with both cameras.
So definitely battery connection issues for both cameras. And may be bad battery as both got discharged completely.

Other two cameras still going strong, battery on both more than 90% and stayed connected during whole time. 

I had same settings for video/audio etc for all cameras. All are similar distance from base station. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NJresident,

One way to further isolate would be to swap the locations of the affected cameras with the unaffected cameras to identify if the issue is with the camera or the location.

JamesC

NJresident
Guide
Guide

I already did that, I also kept all four in the same room as the base station. Same two cameras are having issues. Either battery is defective or connection to battery is not working properly. I had to charge both camera batteries twice. Batteries drain faster, gets disconnected even with wired power on situation.

Two good cameras are working, no dropping of signals and I had not charged batteries for these camera (factory charged).  

(note all cameras are inside the house).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If new enough, just swap the system at the store.  Otherwise, open a case using the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx