Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
dev4201
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received brandn new base station and camera and have not been able to make it work, here are the steps I took:

1. Installed basestation 

- Power indicator green

- Internet indicator green

2. Successfully added base station in the app

3. Sync camera (held camera close to base station)

•  Pressed the button on top of base station to activate syn  

- Sync indicator blinking green

•  Pressed sync button on camera

- No indication lights on camera 

- No response from camera

TROUBLESHOOTING

1. Reset base station by pressing reset in the back for 10sec

- Base station lights turned green after reboot

2. Performed above steps from the initial setup (see above 2-3)

Still, unable to sync camera - please advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dev4201
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies for not responding earlier...

The issue has been fixed by an unusual order of steps.  Since I purchased cameras through Amazon  and was surprised they actually have support for these devices.

Beside the package (base station + camera) which is the one that I have not been able to sync, I also purchased two add-on cameras. The suggestion from support was to try to sync the add-on cameras with the base station and that worked without any issues.  After successfully syncing the add-on cameras I tried the one that I had the issue with and it miraculously worked.

Having add-on cameras has helped my situation and somehow the sync has started working, so for those that have buy multiple cameras might be helpful, but not for single camera users.

Thank you to all that tried to help!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using the power cable and adapter aftr pulling battery and try to sync... QUICK push on base sync button only

eliminates possible bad battery

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dev4201
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the battery and connnected camera through adapter and still no response from the camera during sync process.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dev4201,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

dhubbby
Initiate
Initiate

I originally had all of my cameras synced. When I decided to change the batteries on one, I could not get this camera to synchronize. The light is an amber color and will not change to blue. I went through all of the steps when I originally installed them. For some reason this third camera is not visible. There is no visual of this third camera. Please advise...David 

Pretzelwagon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you had any luck resolving? I just brought a brand new Arlo Pro with base kit home and am having the exact same issue. The camera isn't showing any lights at all.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A good battery will cause the camera flash blue whenn first installed.  If it doesn't, try swapping batteries between cameras. Also, try removing the battery and use just the power supply to sync the camera.  This way you'll get a feel for if it's the battery or the camera that's the problem.

dev4201
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies for not responding earlier...

The issue has been fixed by an unusual order of steps.  Since I purchased cameras through Amazon  and was surprised they actually have support for these devices.

Beside the package (base station + camera) which is the one that I have not been able to sync, I also purchased two add-on cameras. The suggestion from support was to try to sync the add-on cameras with the base station and that worked without any issues.  After successfully syncing the add-on cameras I tried the one that I had the issue with and it miraculously worked.

Having add-on cameras has helped my situation and somehow the sync has started working, so for those that have buy multiple cameras might be helpful, but not for single camera users.

Thank you to all that tried to help!

Beabug
Initiate
Initiate
Could not get my new Arlo pro base station and wireless cameras to SYNC. Open the APP. Go to settings > My devices > Arlo Pro Base Station > Restart. Worked a treat.