Arlo Pro camera battery charge causes the base to disconnect with camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wvlucas
Guide
Guide

Why is it that every time that the battery is charging this camera, it always, not sometimes, but ALWAYS have issues after charging has completed?

Today, after charging the battery, the device isn't connected. Then when trying to reestablish connection, a message indicates device not connected. Then after a few resets (unplug power), then the camera decides to connect.

I have to tell you, Netgear has major issues with the Arlo Pro. Everytime, not sometimes, but every time I charge the battery, there are always problems getting the camera back online. I thought, from reading other concerns/complaints from the online support forum, that perhaps it was pilot errors, but I am not so sure anymore. I have had my setup since Christmas 2016 and it has not been a piece of cake when it comes to maintenances, such as charging the battery.

Let me recall what I have experienced so far...

1) Camera does not continue to stay connected during battery charging

2) Camera disconnects after the battery charge has completed

3) Base station goes offline during battery charging

4) Even had to reset to factory default after the first time of charging the battery.

Condition of battery at the time of charging... 25% battery power remaining.

I am sure, if I asked others to add to the list, it would grow... a lot.

Just one question. Is there a way to charge the camera battery without it losing connection or going offline.

Personal note: At best, the relationship with the base station and the camera is flakey when it comes to charging the battery.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wvlucas,

This is not normal behavior. Charging the battery should not have a negative impact on connectivity. It should also not cause the base station to go offline.

From the description you have given, more in-depth troubleshooting is needed to identify the issue. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC