Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cam works when plugged in - but after unplugging, it does not function

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Auchen
Follower
Follower

System was working flawlessly but then the cameras were not in use for several months - so I went to charge them up and noted that they reconnected successfully to the base station, and that they functioned normally when plugged in (via USB). I attempted to charge each of them for a couple hours, but when as soon as I unplug from the USB, they do not function - and the Arlo web App says that "It's time to charge your batteries" . Do I need new rechargeable batteries? - ( Do I need new cameras? )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What charger are you using?

You should only use the charger that is supplied as the cameras require a Qualcomm 3.0 compliant USB charger. These give not only 5V out but can also give 9V. YMMV if you have a Samsung Fast Charger but it's always best to use the Arlo one

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What charger are you using?

You should only use the charger that is supplied as the cameras require a Qualcomm 3.0 compliant USB charger. These give not only 5V out but can also give 9V. YMMV if you have a Samsung Fast Charger but it's always best to use the Arlo one

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, you must use the supplied adapter/ cable... It puts out 5v to run  and 9 v to charge pack.

Second, if the battery packs have been run to low in voltage, the adapter will give an error some times. 

The answer is to plug in the ac adapter, wait ten mins to see if it charges ( lighting bolt icon )... If not, unplug and wait another ten and then plug back in..

Repeat this 6 x.... If still NG, then there is a battery issue and contact support.

( reason is the pack will not charge if to low, but by doing it a number of times, it gets enough voltage so it can charge )

I recommend always charging before <10%, and fully charge before storage

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------