Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro battery replacement need to remove and add device

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dthorn62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone fond a solution?  I bought extra Arlo batteries and charger to be able to replace the battery when low without removing the camera.  However each time I replace a low battery the camera will not work.  I have to bring the camera inside, remove device, add it as a new device with camera 1-3 ft within base station as it it were a new device.  System does recognize it as its name.  BUT it seems like one should be able to replace a battery without having to bring the camera inside and remove and add.  The camera is made to open when mounted and access the battery.

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try moving the base further from your wifi router. The camera should definitely reconnect to the base when you put the new battery in, which should be indicated by the blue LED on the front flashing quickly after a short wait

dthorn62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank yo for your reply. When you say move it further away from the router, how far?  RIght now it is about 8 inches from the router, on the same shelf.  Is 3-5 ft away enough distance?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I had to move mine about a foot away to get one of my cameras to sync and stop going offline. It was about a foot further away but also a foot higher so I guess that's more than a foot and some maths to know how much further away 😛